STRUGGLES OF A WRITER

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 11.38.18 AM.png

Writing – I do it every day. Overcoming all my fears and doubts, I find my laptop and put together all those words to draft a blog. To me, writing is something which should make my readers live the specific moment I am writing about. It’s like making readers feel what my characters are feeling. As a writer, I do struggle a lot, specially because it is not something which I do full-time. So, while I was trying to find out something to write about today and since I was struggling, fiddling with the pen and browsing through my Facebook, and at the same time thinking about what to write, I thought I can probably write about the struggles every writer goes through. I might miss on a few points but yes, I’ll try to cover it all.

• Being public about your personal life

Okay so being a daily blogger, I have to generally talk about the events which happen in my life on a daily basis and I have to find how that can be helpful to my readers. Basically, making my readers experience what I have already experienced and learn from it without having to face the consequences. Sometimes, I experience something which is like too personal to be shared with everyone around. So, even if I want to let people know of the loopholes, I really can’t do that.

• Struggle with perfectionism

A must necessary but difficult skill for writer is attaining perfectionism. Drafting a specific article 100 times is what makes it even worse, though you start drafting better articles with every attempt. But is it ever perfect? NO, it’s not.

• Self-Confidence

This is something which I struggle on every single time I am writing a blog. So, I get the topic and I start writing, but once I am half-way through the blog, I start thinking if it’s worth it. Whether my readers are able to connect with me or not? And I don’t feel ashamed to say that I am scared to write a blog every time I do it because no one is perfect, right?

• Managing time

I know I shouldn’t be complaining about this one since I am the one who has chosen to opt for Daily as well as Travel Blogs, but managing time every day is challenging. Specially at times, when I forget to schedule a post for the next day, it’s so frustrating. This makes me experience so many sleepless nights, yes, there are times, when I just can’t sleep because I am working on my blogs and 10 other things.

• Motivation

Alright, this is something which is the most important factor to keep you going. MOTIVATION! When it comes to writing every day, there are days when I just feel like leaving everything else and just going off to sleep. Being a self-motivator, I have to keep motivating myself constantly specially when I have my “burn-out” days.

As long as you put your heart and soul in to anything that you do, there is nothing that can stop you. Struggles are a part of every profession, right? I believe getting through these hardships is something which brings you one step closer to your goal.

-throughmymind

Advertisements

25 Comments Add yours

1. randomjumie says:

Well written. Sometimes I have different ideas floating in my head that I find it hard to coherently organise my ideas.

Liked by 3 people

1. Absolutely, guess it happens with each one of us:)

1. randomjumie says:

Yeah, I guess it does

Liked by 1 person

2. Can relate very well to these Komal… you’re not alone :))

Liked by 2 people

3. megbski says:

Yes these struggles are common to all of us as writers. Very thoughtful.

Liked by 2 people

1. Glad you liked it:)

4. zackstj says:

When you said being public about your personal life, I thought you meant explaining to others that your a writer. It’s awkward at times saying oh I’m a writer, my goal is to write for TV. The people want you to explain something you’ve written and you have to pitch it, which is great practice, but it’s hard to make your thoughts and dreams attractive.

Liked by 2 people

1. That’s a very good point too. Even I struggle with explaining to people about my writing job. I wish you all the best for your future goals:)

5. Confidence is the most important. Next comes motivation. And finally, as to everything else, it is all there, but until you have a draft and you have a complete idea what you’re writing about, they are a waste of time until you edit. So write it all out, every damned last word. Edit later.

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you so much for your kind words.

6. ortensia says:

Lovely post.my head is full just my days are too short😉

Liked by 2 people

7. Shreya Vohra says:

I am a writer, and I completely approve of this list!!!!🌸♥️ most relatable thing that I’ve read today!

Liked by 2 people

1. I am so glad Shreya. All the best, it’s these struggles that keep us going:)

Liked by 1 person

1. Shreya Vohra says:

Absolutely Komal!

Liked by 1 person

8. Very well said! Thanks for sharing!❤

Liked by 2 people

1. Glad you liked it:)

9. blazyroniic says:

Honestly other people would never understand these struggles. Completely relate. Loved this.

Liked by 2 people