Most of us end up spending our lives regretting things which we think could have been done in a better way!
I thought of going back and reviewing the past 26years of my life, it’s been a long journey full of ups and downs. I am well aware of the fact that if I hadn’t been through my set of challenges, I wouldn’t have reached where I have today! However, here is the list of 10 things which I would have told my younger self…
- Life is good no matter how hard it may turn out to be. Eventually, things will fall into place and worrying about pity issues is not really worth it. It’s better to laugh it out and move on for I now know that I am going to end up laughing out at it later.
- It’s amazing to work hard in the high school but don’t kill yourself. Enjoy the subjects which you love the most.
- Never give up on your hobbies. Make enough time to enjoy practicing them whenever you have time and if you don’t, make time for it. This is really important, as important as eating. You don’t want to end up working your ass off and not enjoying what you actually wanted to do.
- Consistency is the key for anything and everything. If I want something, aiming for it or probably starting it is not what is required to keep it going. What actually will, is my consistency and if I would be able to do it consistently and without failure, I can go through it!
- Everything will be ok! There will be times when relationships won’t work out, it’s not the end of life. Grow and learn from your mistakes. Don’t shrink your inner self in that shell, rather go out and move on!
- If you are shy, get over it! This can be your worst enemy for it might take away opportunities from you.
- Stop caring about what others think about you. Don’t waste your life thinking about it would impact other people. Know your limits, trust your conscious and go for the kill.
- It’s never too late to realize your dreams! Trust me! But do not ignore that feeling ever, second chances are rare in life.
- Younger me, I am so so proud of who I am at the age of 27. I just hope I had believed this for all these years while growing up. I am so proud of how you maintained your cool when someone tried to pull you down, that’s the right way.
- Learn to say “NO”. I know it’s hard most of the times but learn this art of saying “NO”.
This exercise is really essential for each one of us. Sit down, make a list of all those scenarios in life where you’ve passed, and those where you flunked. Reflecting on the younger years, it’s important to realise how you want to carry on the next phase of your life. This is a life changer guys, worth trying!